Go Local First
Ku-ring-gai Council has joined Go Local First Campaign to encourage our community to buy from local small businesses, keep people in jobs and money in Ku-ring-gai.
About Go Local First
The national campaign is run by the Council of Small Business Organisations Australia (COSBOA). Go Local First started in 2020 to help small business deal with the challenges of COVID-19. Ku-ring-gai Council is the first council in Sydney to get behind this national campaign in 2021.
We encourage local businesses, be they gardeners, cafes, accountants, retailers or any other local enterprise to join Go Local First. We hope Go Local First will help improve Ku-ring-gai’s economic prospects, give a boost to businesses and build connections between local businesses and customers.
By joining the Go Local First campaign, small businesses get:
- free digital marketing materials for use on their website/social media;
- a free business listing on Ku-ring-gai Council’s website until 30 June 2022;
- the opportunity to have their business profiled by COSBOA and promoted through the Go Local First campaign;
- to be part of a nationwide movement to encourage consumers to buy local.
Join now for free!
How to help local businesses during COVID-19
- Buy goods/services from their website (if they have one). Therapists, tutoring, yoga, personal trainers, coaches, financial planners, lawyers, music classes for kids, all of these can continue online.
- Check their status - many businesses including restaurants cafes and shops offer delivery and pick up.
- Buy gift cards or credit for later from your favourite local business to help their cash flow.
- Share recommendations of local businesses on your social media pages.
- Check in with the businesses to see if they have altered their services.
- If you still have steady income and the financial means to do it, continue paying your cleaners, hair stylists, nanny etc.
- Keep paying your memberships and subscriptions, even if they’ve been temporarily suspended.
- If you are a website designer, developer or a social media expert - offer help to local businesses who are currently not online.
- Give a donation. Cash is always appreciated.
- Send them a message of support and pencil in bookings or orders for when lockdown ends.
For any enquiries about Go Local First contact Will Adames, Business Engagement Coordinator, Ku-ring-gai Council, firstname.lastname@example.org or 9424 0757.