Ku-ring-gai Council approves $85,000 in sponsorships
Published on 29 July 2022
The money will support events and activities for the local community during the 2022-2023 financial year.
Councillors voted at the Council meeting this week to approve a total of $85,000 in sponsorships for community based services and events, following submissions from local organisations. Sponsorship requests of over $5000 require Council approval.
The sponsorship program is one of three annual community grant programs the Council funds to assist organisations in providing events, services and activities for Ku-ring-gai residents.
This year sponsorships were awarded in two categories; arts & culture and events.
The sponsorships awarded for 2022-2023 are:
Events over $5000
- Wahroonga Food and Wine Festival $8000
- St Ives Food and Wine Festival $6000
- Carols in the Park $6000
- Bobbin Head Cycle Classic $7500
- Bare Creek Trail Run $4500
- Special Olympics Ku-ring-gai Chase Fun Run $4500
Events under $5000
- Ku-ring-gai Art Society Exhibition $2000
- Ku-ring-gai Shield $1500
- Arts and Cultural Sponsorship over $5000
- Ku-ring-gai Philharmonic Orchestra $25,000
- Marian Street Theatre for Young People $20,000
Mayor Jeff Pettett said in awarding the sponsorships for this year, the Council had taken into account the transition of local events and the arts into a post-pandemic era.
“These sponsorships strike a balance between providing support for community-based organisations and giving them the impetus to get back to where they were before COVID-19”.
For more information about Ku-ring-gai Council sponsorships visit the Council's website
Media enquiries: Sally Williams Ku-ring-gai Council 9424 0000.