We welcome corporate staff groups to join us and support the rehabilitation of native bushland areas. Develop skills, build team morale and improve understanding of our natural flora and fauna. Activities can include weed removal, planting local species, rubbish collection or other environmental works. We are flexible with times, dates and locations (within Ku-ring-gai LGA), so please let us know what suits you.
No experience required. Just bring plenty of enthusiasm and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty!
What would the day include?
- An average corporate activity goes for 3-4 hours.
- Day starts with an introduction from one of our qualified bush regenerators, explanation of the site, environmental outcomes and safety briefing.
- The group would then be shown how to weed, plant or carry out tasks.
- Staff can bring morning tea with them to enjoy as part of the activity or catering can be supplied.
- The Council team will send a follow-up email thanking participants, explaining the outcomes/planting achieved from the day and any photos that were taken.
- The local environment thanks you!
||Meet on-site, welcome and WHS induction.
||Hands on environmental work.
||Break for morning tea.
||Finish and pack up.
How many staff can participate?
We can manage groups of up to 20 people.
- Group session 9 people or less - $300.
- Group session 10-20 people - $500.
- Light catering (optional) $8pp (ie. muffins, tea/coffee, etc.).
What to bring on the day
- Bottled water.
- Gardening gloves.
- Long sleeved shirt and pants.
- Enclosed shoes or boots.
- Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses.
- Insect repellent.
- Morning tea/snack (unless attending a catered event).
All other materials, tools and equipment are provided.
We encourage all our corporate partners to become regular volunteers (annual or bi-annual) as this allows participants to witness the progress of sites over time as well as ensuring long term environmental outcomes.
To find out more or to book your corporate volunteer day please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.