Off leash dog areas
Council currently has 20 off leash areas. These areas are a great way to exercise and socialise your dog, which can help reduce behavioural problems.
Rules in off leash dog parks
- Dogs must be under the effective control of a competent person at all times.
- Clean up after your dog and dispose of dog litter in bins provided. Failure to remove dog poo immediately is a $275 fine.
- Dogs are not permitted off leash on ovals during organised sports and games, and are not permitted off leash in the surrounding parks/reserves at any time.
- Dogs must be put on leash when leaving the off leash area.
- Keep dogs 10 metres away from playgrounds and food areas.
- Dogs are only allowed in some bushland reserves if they are on leash and under their handler’s control. Dogs are not allowed in wildlife protection areas.
- No dogs are allowed at Fiddens Wharf Sportsground.
- Failure to comply with notices displayed at Council ovals, parks and reserves is an offence under Section 632 of the Local Government Act 1993.
- Penalties apply under the Companion Animals Act 1998.
Click below for more information about off leash dog areas.