Why work at Ku-ring-gai Council?
Situated just 16 kilometres from the city on Sydney’s leafy North Shore, Ku-ring-gai is known for its natural beauty and urban villages. Ku-ring-gai's cultural diversity and expanding communities means that the region has multicultural hubs with action-packed community events backed by great services and infrastructure.
Our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds and professions creating a dynamic workforce of over 400 staff members.
We offer career opportunities over a range of areas, whether you are looking for an indoor, outdoor, office based, trade specific, technical or specialist role, we have it all.
We promote equal access to opportunities within the organisation for all staff and we prides ourselves on creating a safe and inviting working environment.
Ku-ring-gai Council is committed to delivering the highest quality service, valued and trusted by our community.
Here are some great benefits that we offer:
- Competitive remuneration packaging .
- Annual Performance Assessment (Perform).
- Annual award increase.
- Salary sacrifice.
- Leaseback vehicle for eligible staff.
- Higher duties and secondment opportunities.
- Study Assistance program.
- Generous staff and leadership development opportunities.
- Succession planning and internal career opportunities.
- Comprehensive corporate induction program and job-related training.
Work / life balance
- 35 to 38 hour working week.
- Flex time for eligible staff.
- Paid parental leave.
- Union Picnic Day.
- Purchased leave program.
- Flexible working arrangements, including provisions for working from home for eligible staff.
- Transition to retirement program.
- Access to Long Service Leave after five years of continuous service.
- Free, confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Equal employment opportunity.
- Ongoing recognition to recognise achievements and success.
- Annual Service Awards.
- Annual Excellence Awards.
Health safety and environmental
- Environmental conscious organisation.
- Well-being program reimbursement.
- Biennial health fair.
- Flu vaccinations.
- Skin care checks.
- Discounted gym membership.