Customer Service Charter
This customer charter details Council’s aim to meet the needs and expectations of our community.
We are committed to continuously improve by measuring our performance and making changes as needed. We will be professional and respectful in our dealings with you at all times.
Our commitment to you
In our interactions with you we will be:
- Accessible - we will provide services and facilities that don’t discriminate.
- Fair - We will apply equity in our decision-making.
- Transparent - We will be clear in our decisions and will take the tie to explain why we arrived at our conclusions. We will adhere to the best standards of transparency in our decision-making.
- Legal and accurate - we will take the time to make decisions that are accurate and comply with the letter and intent the law.
- Prompt - we will get back to you in reasonable timeframes, without unnecessary delay.
- Easy to understand with clear information - we will make our services clear and simple, with plain language.
- Easy to deal with - we will provide our services through multiple channels in a way that suits you and your needs.
Help us provide the best possible service
You can assist us by:
- Providing us all relevant information
- Providing constructive feedback so we can improve
- Being collaborative with our staff so we can get the best outcome for you
- Respecting the rights of other customers and staff
Visiting our customer service centre and libraries
When you visit us, we will:
- Attend to you in a timely manner
- Assist you with your enquires in a professional courteous way
- Explain meeting arrangements and amenities
Contacting us by telephone
When you call the Customer Service Centre we will:
- Answer your call in a timely manner
- Provide our name and greet you in a courteous way
- Take a message or provide staff contact details if the person is unavailable
- Return phone calls within one working day
Using our online chat facility
- We will provide our name and greet you in a courteous way
- You will provide information clearly and accurately
- We will provide assistance or information in an efficient manner and/or direct you to relevant pages on our website
When you contact us through social and digital media
- We will monitor and respond if action is required within 24 hours during normal business hours.
When you write or email us
General and service requests and enquiries will be acknowledged within 24 hours and actioned in 5 days. For more complex matters, we will acknowledge your correspondence, keep you informed and updated with progress as needed, and will aim to resolve the issue within 14 working days.
Using online services requests via the Customer Service Centre
- We will provide you with an online acknowledgement and reference number
- We will refer your request to the relevant department within 24 hours
- We encourage your feedback, help us improve our service you can do this by sending us an email email@example.com
- All complaints received about Council services or staff will be managed according to Council’s Complaints Management Policy and Guidelines.
Our Customer service centre
- 818 Pacific Highway, Gordon, 2072, NSW open 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- Phone 9424 0000 this number is monitored 24 hours a day
- Make requests online on our website