Each year we offer community groups the chance to get their projects off the ground, purchase much-needed equipment or fund arts and cultural activities, through the Ku-ring-gai Community Grants (KCG) program.
Grant applications will open on Monday 26 April 2021 and be available on our online application system, Smarty Grants.
Applications close on Sunday 6 June 11.59pm 2021.
A Grants information workshop will be held at the Council Chambers, level 3 on Friday 7 May from 10am to 12 noon.
It is highly recommended you attend, for enquiries or to register your attendance call 9424 0831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note all previous 2020 Community grant recipients must have submitted their acquittal forms(PDF, 224KB) and associated paperwork(PDF, 328KB) by 31 May 2021.
The Ku-ring-gai Community Grants program has three funding categories to support community based initiatives:
The purpose of the grants program is to build the capacity of organisations to deliver new and innovative projects and services. Projects identical to those submitted in previous years will not be given a high priority.
Past grants have helped organisations to provide great programs and services, including:
- Providing multicultural resources in preschools to explore cultural diversity.
- Buying camping equipment to support scouts and guides.
- Buying IT equipment to train volunteers.
- Furnishing a community garden for intellectually disabled young adults.
- Providing cooking classes for widowers and carers.
- Conducting Lunar New Year intercultural celebrations.
- Providing music therapy for older adults.
- Sharing traditional music and arts of Spanish-speaking migrants with children.
Community grant applicant guidelines and essential information
Alternative sources of funding
The NSW Government has distributed a list of Funding Opportunities for Community Groups. Possible sources of funding include:
- Government gateways to community grants.
- Non-government gateways to community grants.
- Grants in selected subject areas.
- Selected private sector/non-government funding sources.
- Selected local government funding sources.
The document provides links to many funding opportunities relevant to local community groups. Some of these are: