Notifying your food business
You must have approval/consent to operate any type of food business. Approval is given either through a development application (DA) or a complying development certificate (CDC). For more information see Operating a food and drink business or Setting up a home-based food business.
Once you have approval for the use of a commercial premises, home, van or stall for preparation and sale of food, you will need to notify Council of your food business details. The operator of a food business has the responsibility to notify Council of their business details.
Notification can be completed using the online form buttons below.
New, existing or home-based food business online form
Use this form to notify if you have either:
- Taken over operation of an existing food business.
- Set up a new food business.
- Approval to operate a home-based food business.
Types of food businesses that should notify using this form include all retail food businesses, childcare centres and school canteens.
Food stall/van temporary event online form
Use this form to notify if you:
- Have been given approval to attend an event, market or festival organised by Council or other event organiser within the Ku-ring-gai local government area.
You must obtain permission from the event organiser to attend markets and temporary events.
Mobile food vehicle online form
Use this form to notify if you either:
- Have been given approval to operate a mobile food van on roads within the Ku-ring-gai.
- Garage your mobile food van within the Ku-ring-gai local government area.
- Operate a mobile food van on private properties within the Ku-ring-gai local government area.
You must obtain approval from Council if you want to use your mobile food van to make sales from the roadway.