Notifying your skin penetration beauty business

You must have approval for operation of a skin penetration business. For more information see operating a skin penetration beauty business or setting up a home-based skin penetration beauty business.

The operator of a skin penetration business has the responsibility to notify Council of their business details.

You need to notify Council of your skin penetration business details if you:

  • Take over an existing skin penetration business
  • Set-up a new skin penetration business
  • Operate a skin penetration business from home
  • Operate an existing skin penetration business and update your contact or business details (eg change of ABN, postal address etc)

Notification can be completed using the online form button below.

Types of skin penetration businesses that should notify include businesses that conduct:

  • Waxing
  • Hair removal with tweezers
  • Electrolysis
  • Microdermabrasion
  • Nail treatments (cuticle cutting and acrylic nail application)
  • Body, nose and ear piercing
  • Tattooing and cosmetic tattooing
  • Semi-permanent make-up
  • Colonic lavage

New, existing or home-based skin penetration business online notification form