Ku-ring-gai Library is committed to supporting our community's love of reading and enjoyment of books. We have an extensive Book Club Kit collection.
Our Book Club collection is available to registered Book Club members.
Browse the Book Club collection
Book Club membership
Each Book Club will nominate two people to be coordinators of the group.
Book Club Kits will only be issued on the Book Club membership card, for a non-extendable loan period of eight weeks.
The Book Club coordinators agree to:
- Ordering Book Club Kits at least two weeks in advance, subject to availability.
- Take responsibility for all items received as part of a Book Club Kit.
- Collect and return the complete Book Club Kits on time.
- Pay for all lost or damaged item charges.
Book Club memberships are limited.
Registrations are subject to approval by the Ku-ring-gai Library Book Club coordinator and are based on the number of registered book clubs at any given time.
Book Club Kits
Ku-ring-gai Library currently have between 70 and 80 kits.
Each Book Club Kit contains:
- Ten copies of a single title.
- An information sheet about the book and its author, including suggested discussion questions.
- A tracking sheet for the individual books in the kit, which will help Book Club coordinators keep a track of the 10 copies.
Book club kits are available to view on the library catalogue.
Contact your local library branch for further information and availability of Book Club Kits.
Ordering and borrowing Book Club Kits
Ordering Book Club Kits
- Browse the library catalogue for availability of Book Club Kits.
- Call, visit or email one of the four Ku-ring-gai Library branches to request the loan.
- When ordering your kit please have your Book Club library card number.
- Confirm nominated collection point.
Borrowing Book Club Kits
- Visit the library you have nominated to pick the kit.
- Kits will be issued on the Book Club membership card, for a non-extendable loan period of eight weeks.
NOTE: All Book Club Kits are stored at Turramurra Library so if we are transferring the kit it will take up to two days for delivery to one of the other branches, so be sure to factor in transit time when ordering a kit.
Ku-ring-gai Library branches, locations and opening hours
Accessing and borrowing Book Club Kits for coordinators(PDF, 526KB)
Returning Book Club Kits
Returning a Book Club Kit
- Kits can be returned to any Ku-ring-gai Library branch.
- Kits must be returned at the service desk, NOT through the book chute.
- Please wait for a staff member to check the contents and condition of the kit.
- Please inform the library of any damage to the Kit or lost items at this time - thank you.
- Charges will be applied for lost or damaged items.
Lost or damaged items
- The library does not accept replacement copies purchased by the borrowers.
For more information and enquiries please speak to a Ku-ring-gai Library staff member.
Contact your local Ku-ring-gai Library branch for more information and enquiries
Keep up to date and sign up to the Ku-ring-gai Library eNewsletter.