To support the emerging urban culture of the Lindfield Local Centre by encouraging a vibrant mix of uses to service the local community and providing exciting opportunities to shop, eat and socialise, both day and night.
This Public Domain Plan describes the vision for Lindfield Local Centre and provides the framework for improvements to the public domain that complement Council’s urban renewal projects – Lindfield Village Hub and the Lindfield Village Green.
Principles for Lindfield
- Encourage a vibrant mix of uses to service the local community
- Improve pedestrian and active transport connectivity to and through the local centre.
- Improve the quality of open space in the local centre.
- Acknowledge two distinct commercial / retail centres and provide different experiences and facilities east and west of the highway / rail corridor.
Works delivered to date
Public domain implementation plan
Short term: 2-3 years - funds available
Lindfield Avenue, Tryon Road, Havilah Road Upgrades
(anticipated construction commencing 2021)
- New signalised intersection at Lindfield Avenue and Tryon Road
- Widening of footpaths and creation of outdoor dining spaces in Lindfield Avenue
- New street tree planting
- New paving
- Proposed new street furniture and lighting
- Kochia Lane converted to one-way traffic with contraflow cycle path
Medium term: 3-5 years – funds available
- Upgrades to Pacific Highway corridor with new paving and street trees
Stage 3 / Stage 4
Stage 3 and Stage 4 projects are longer term projects (8+ years) that are currently largely unfunded. The delivery will depend on the amount of development contributions council collects from new development and / or rely on funding from State Government agencies such as Transport for NSW.
Read the draft Lindfield Public Domain Plan(PDF, 24MB)
More on draft Ku-ring-gai Public Domain Plan
Mark your comments by quoting reference number S12249 and include your contact details.
Email your comments
or post to: General Manager, Ku-ring-gai Council, Locked Bag 1006 Gordon NSW 2072.
Comments must be received by 5pm 19 April 2021.
Please note, under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009, such submissions are public and may be accessed by third parties by application to Council.