Gordon streetscape works
St Johns Avenue and Henry Street
An upgrade of St Johns Avenue and parts of Henry Street in Gordon started in May 2022. Once completed this will make the Gordon station precinct more pedestrian-friendly, safer and attractive.
For more details on this project click here.
Wade Lane and Werona Avenue
The improvements to Wade Lane and Werona Avenue are funded by development contributions and from the NSW Government's High Pedestrian Activity Area Program.
Wade Lane works update
Wade Lane Concept Plan(PDF, 2MB)
Above photo shows the completed works at Wade Lane, Gordon.
Wade Lane upgrade works are now complete. Improvements include widened footpaths, quality paving, new streetlights and outdoor furniture, as well as new raised pedestrian crossings and additional street lighting for improved pedestrian safety.
Werona Avenue concept plan(PDF, 2MB)
Long term plans for improvements to Werona Avenue will include:
- New roundabout at Park and Werona Avenue intersection.
- Widened footpaths and shared paths.
- New paving to sections of footpaths and new concrete footpaths.
- New tree planting and replacement of trees in poor condition.
- New landscaping with seating wall at station bus stop.
- Terrace for outdoor dining on the corner of Robert Street.
- New streetlights and improved lighting levels.
- New street furniture and garden beds on verges.
- New replacement bus shelter.
- Upgrade to kiss and ride kerbside locations.
- Additional bike racks.
Email our Public Domain Coordinator Maria Rigoli or call 9424 0000.