Gordon streetscape works
St Johns Avenue and Henry Street
An upgrade of St Johns Avenue and parts of Henry Street in Gordon is starting in May 2022. This will make the Gordon station precinct more pedestrian-friendly, safer and attractive.
St Johns Avenue and Henry Street, Gordon streetscape improvements(PDF, 9MB)
Improvements include widened footpaths for terraced outdoor dining with landscaping in the terraced areas. Landings, handrails and seating will assist those with reduced mobility.
Wade Lane and Werona Avenue
The improvements to Wade Lane and Werona Avenue are nearing completion. This is funded by development contributions and from the NSW Government's High Pedestrian Activity Area Program.
Wade Lane concept plan(PDF, 2MB)
Improvements include widened footpaths, quality paving, new streetlights and outdoor furniture.
Wade Lane works update
New stormwater drainage pipes along the north eastern side of Wade Lane have been installed, along with kerb and guttering.
The second stage of the works along the south western side of Wade Lane includes road crossings over drainage pipes, new kerb and guttering and a new footpath.
Werona Avenue concept plan(PDF, 2MB)
Improvements will include:
- New roundabout at Park and Werona Avenue intersection.
- Widened footpaths and shared paths.
- New paving to sections of footpaths and new concrete footpaths.
- New tree planting and replacement of trees in poor condition.
- New landscaping with seating wall at station bus stop.
- Terrace for outdoor dining on the corner of Robert Street.
- New streetlights and improved lighting levels.
- New street furniture and garden beds on verges.
- New replacement bus shelter.
- Upgrade to kiss and ride kerbside locations.
- Additional bike racks.
Email our Public Domain Coordinator Maria Rigoli or call 9424 0000.