Council meetings and Public Forums
Changes to Council meetings and Public Forums
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the following changes apply to Public Forums and Council meetings.
Monthly Public Forums are currently suspended. However the public can still address Council through the following ways:
- Written submission (maximum two A4 pages).
- An online submission (500 words maximum).
- Video recording of up to 3 minutes maximum.
- Audio recording of up to 3 minutes maximum.
Please complete the form below to register your submission for the next Council meeting by 5pm Tuesday 9 February 2021.
If you have any queries or require assistance with registering to speak, please contact Council's Customer Service on 9424 0000.
Click here to register your submission
2021 Public Forum dates - currently suspended due to COVID-19
Tuesday 9 February
Tuesday 9 March
Tuesday 20 April
Tuesday 11 May
Tuesday 8 June
Tuesday 13 July
Tuesday 10 August
Tuesday 12 October
Tuesday 9 November
Tuesday 7 December
Since April 2020, monthly Council meetings are no longer being held in the Council Chambers. They are instead being conducted online through a live streaming service.
You can watch the Council meetings on our live stream page.
2021 Council meeting dates
Tuesday 16 February
Tuesday 16 March
Tuesday 27 April
Tuesday 18 May
Tuesday 15 June
Tuesday 20 July
Tuesday 17 August
Tuesday 14 September
Tuesday 19 October
Tuesday 16 November
Tuesday 14 December
We recently introduced key changes on how we conduct Council Meetings. These changes are required by the NSW Government and are outlined in Council's Code of Meeting Practice.
View Code of Meeting Practice(PDF, 733KB)
The main changes are:
- Council meetings are held monthly on Tuesdays from 7pm.
- A monthly Public Forum was introduced. The forum gives the public the opportunity to speak on Council Meeting agenda items, or any other matters in the public interest.
- Agendas for the monthly Council Meetings are publicly available from the Wednesday preceding the Public Forum. View Business Papers and agendas.
- Currently Public Forums are not being held due to COVID-19. Submissions to the Council meeting of 8 December 2020 closed at 5pm on 1 December 2020.
- Monthly Council Meetings are currently not open to the public due to COVID-19 however, you can view the Council meeting via live stream.
Monthly Council Meetings are now streamed live here on our website.
View the live stream
On 14 August 2020 an amendment prepared by the Office of Local Government was prescribed under the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 that requires all Councils to retain recordings of meetings on their websites for at least 12 months. View live stream recordings for past meetings.
Minutes and agendas
Find out what decisions were made at our Council Meetings and Public Forum:
View current agendas, minutes and reports (Business Papers) 2011 to present