Payment methods

We accept the following payment methods except where stated on a particular form:

Please note any credit card payments will incur the following charges: Visa, MasterCard and American Express - 0.75%.

Building and development

Application for inspection of swimming pool barrier

*Please be advised:
Due to the impacts of COVID 19, staff retiring and staff leave there is currently approximately a 4 week delay for Pool Inspections to allow for application processing.

Application for a building information certificate (formerly known as 149D building certificate) *

* Please read the Information sheet for application for building information certificate(PDF, 178KB) before lodging

Notice of Commencement of Building Works(PDF, 818KB)

Bushfire risk assessment certificate(PDF, 150KB)

Lodge a certificate application online

Owners Consent Form(PDF, 204KB)

Development Application checklist(PDF, 174KB)

Development Application Valuation of Works Estimate Sheet(PDF, 220KB)

Development Application guide(PDF, 4MB)

DA Assessment process fact sheet(PDF, 346KB)

Request for driveway levels

Extension of term of development consent(PDF, 82KB)

Dividing fencing proposal

Application for out of hours work *

* Please read the Information sheet out of hours work(PDF, 350KB) before applying

Planning proposals

Pre complying development consultation information sheet(PDF, 245KB)

Pre complying development consultation service (online application)

Agreement for the performance of certification work(PDF, 369KB)

Plan of subdivision lodgement(PDF, 107KB)

Private use of road reserve and nature strips online application *

Please read the Private Use of Road Reserve and Nature Strips policy(PDF, 275KB) before lodging

Application for change of property owner address(PDF, 31KB)

Review of DA modification determination Section 4.54(PDF, 564KB)

Review of DA modification determination Section 96AB(PDF, 264KB)

Road opening permit

Swimming Pool Register NSW registration form for public use(PDF, 199KB)

Application to install manufactured home, moveable dwelling or associated structure and temporary structure(PDF, 70KB)

Works zone application(PDF, 169KB)

Development application (pre-DA consultation)

Pre-DA consultation service

Thank you for your interest in lodging a Pre-DA application.

Temporary suspension of Pre-DA consultation service – Commencing close of business Friday 14 July 2023

Currently, Council’s Development Assessment Unit is facing resourcing challenges, this is causing impacts on our ability to service our core function, the assessment of development and related applications. Whilst every effort is being made to address this challenge, which is not unique to Ku ring gai Council, and to ensure we provide the best possible quality of service by focusing our attention on the management of development and related applications, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend the Pre-DA consultation service. Council will continually monitor the situation with a view of returning the service soon as our resourcing capacity is replenished.

If you have already lodged a pre DA application, prior to the suspension of the service, we will complete the review of the application in due course. We will also continue to provide the follow up pre DA service for those pre DA applications already completed. Access to lodge pre DAs via Council’s website will be suspended, consequently if you wish to lodge a follow up pre DA, you will need to have either lodged it with Council’s Customer Service staff at Council’s Administration Building – 818 Pacific Highway, Gordon or via Council’s email address:

Your understanding is appreciated. 

Learn more about applying for a Pre-DA consultation

Fire safety

Please click the link below for information concerning Fire Safety Statements and Fire Safety Certificates and access to the standard template forms published by the NSW Government:

Department of Planning, Industry and Environment - fire safety

Local Government Act 1993 - S68

Amusement rides and devices(PDF, 587KB)

Application for mobile food vendors

Application for permanent placement of waste/recycling container in public place(PDF, 98KB)

Application for placement of skip bin in public place(PDF, 581KB)

Application to place clothing bin in a public place(PDF, 70KB)

Application for tower cranes to swing or hoist across Council property(PDF, 314KB)

Application to hoist or pump material across footpath or public road(PDF, 101KB)

Application to display goods on the footpath or under an awning

Application to engage in a trade or business on community land

Application to erect barricade or hoarding on footpath - standard *

* Please note: application fee only charged on lodgement. Additional charges will follow after review.

Application to erect barricade or hoarding on footpath - urgent *

* Please note: application fee only charged on lodgement. Additional charges will follow after review (within 48 hours).

Application to operate a loudspeaker/amplification device(PDF, 581KB)

Application for outdoor dining on the footpath

Public car park(PDF, 241KB)

Place of public entertainment(PDF, 125KB)

Install manufactured home, moveable dwelling or associated structure & temporary structure(PDF, 70KB)

Busking application(PDF, 228KB)

Application to store material on footpath(PDF, 572KB)

Application for waste treatment device or storage facility - install, construct or alter(PDF, 288KB)

Application for operation of a sewer management system(PDF, 153KB)

Application to modify a Section 68 consent(PDF, 70KB)

Application to modify a Section 68 consent - outdoor dining(PDF, 118KB)

Application for extension of a Section 68 consent(PDF, 67KB)

Application for review of a Section 68 consent(PDF, 69KB)

Report a problem

Please note: Attaching images from some mobile devices is currently unavailable. We are working on resolving as soon as possible. If urgent please report your issue at We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Abandoned vehicles of illegal parking

Blocked drain


Fallen tree or branch

Faulty street light

Graffiti and vandalism - Vandaltrak

Illegal dumping

Lost pet

Found pet

Missed garbage collection - houses

Missed garbage collection - apartments



Problem animal

Shopping trolley