The ‘colonial revival’ home of the Waterhouse family built in Gordon in 1913, was designed by architect William Hardy Wilson. This began a 23 year association between Waterhouse and Hardy Wilson which saw the creation of the garden and its many structures.
A garden study and a walled fountain were built in 1921 followed by a tool shed and pigeon house in 1922, a Chinese-inspired tea house in 1927 and a bold lattice screen and garage in 1936. A temple in the front garden was built at the same time as the house.
Eryldene is located 17 McIntosh Street Gordon and is a treasured part of Ku-ring-gai’s history. More information and events held at Eryldene can be found here.