Art Centre booking information / terms and conditions
Important note to students and parents/guardians
- Where appropriate, don't forget to provide a snack and clothing that withstands paint, ink, clay or glue. Shoes must have enclosed toe and heel - no thongs or sandals.
- The Art Centre practices a policy of no nuts or nut products. Please ensure foods brought to the Centre does not contain nuts or nut products.
- You must inform the Art Centre office if your child has any allergies or specific needs or medication requirements at the time of booking.
- Children need to bring their own food and drink.
- The Art Centre must be notified in advance (at the time of booking) if the child has an Epipen or any form of medication. A Medical Awareness Protocol Form (PDF available at the bottom of this page) must be completed and an Action Plan must be also be emailed to the Art Centre at least 2 days prior to attending class.
- A student will be refused into class if their Epipen is or out-of-date and/or their medication or do not have their Action Plan if required.
- Two separate phone contacts must be provided in case of an emergency.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Centre .accepts no responsibility for children before/after classes. There are no child minding facilities available and children attending classes must be collected promptly at the conclusion of the class.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Centre accepts no children under the age of five years OR children who have not yet started school. We have the right to refuse enrolments that do not meet these criteria.
- Only students enrolled may attend courses.
- Children and babies are not permitted to attend adult classes and workshops.
- Parents/guardians are not permitted to stay in class/interact with children during class time, including any recreational breaks as per instructed by the tutor.
- Mineral turpentine is not permitted at the Centre.
- Any books, magazines or images brought into the Centre by students, parents/guardians or tutors must be approved by the Art Centre coordinator before class distribution.
- Persistent unruly behaviour will not be tolerated and a child may be asked to be removed from the class.
Does your child have allergies, asthma or special needs?
To keep your child safe we need to know if your child has any allergic triggers, asthma or any other medical or behavioural requirements which may affect their participation in classes. The parent/guardian making the booking must notify Art Centre staff at the time of enrolment.
Protocol for illness infectious disease
In the case of a child feeling unwell, parents and/or guardians are asked to:
- Immediately pick up their sick child when contacted by Council staff.
- Take their children to the doctor for treatment and diagnosis.
- Inform Council staff as soon as possible if their child is diagnosed with any infectious disease.
- Keep sick children at home until they are well.
Terms and Conditions
- All Art Centre programs are subject to change.
- Hardcopy and electronic programs may not be up to date. Please check website or contact the Art Centre for most recent scheduling.
- It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to read the Terms and Conditions. This includes bookings made online, in person and over the phone.
- No shared bookings. Only students enrolled may attend the course.
- Cost of bookings made after week 3 are prorated and will incur a $25 late fee.
- Term 1 bookings enable ALL students to enrol at the same time - first in first served basis.
- Art materials are not provided for adult classes. A link to a list of ‘what to bring’ is in the booking confirmation email and class bookings page or contact the Art Centre.
- Council has the utmost regard for the safety of our students, staff and the community. Participants need to be able to manage their own transport and mobility. Tutors and staff are unable to assist (including phoning taxis, assisting with walking and lifting into vehicle).
- All students, tutors and visitors are to follow COVID-19 social distancing, hygiene instructions and signage provided by Council and Art Centre staff. See COVID-19 Precautions below.
Transfer / Refunds
- Please choose carefully as fees are non-refundable.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Centre cannot accept responsibility for changes to students' personal circumstances that prevent attendance.
- Transfers may only be permitted during the same term provided places are available (one transfer per term only).
- No transfers after week three are permitted.
Please note: Classes missed are the student's responsibility and are non-refundable.
- Students are not entitled to a discount or 'make-ups' in their own or other classes if they miss a class.
- In the event of a tutor being unable to take a class, a replacement tutor will be organised. In the case of a tutor not being available, you will be advised of a replacement class date.
Enrolments should be made at least 1 week prior to commencement of either a workshop or beginning of term to avoid class cancellation due to low numbers.
Courses may be cancelled if enrolment numbers are too low. If this occurs, students will be advised by phone and emailed prior to class commencing.
Ku-ring-gai Art Centre does not offer refunds or transfers if a class is cancelled due to a tutor being ill or away. A fill-in tutor will be arranged, and if not possible, a make-up class will be scheduled at the end of term.
Ku-ring-gai Art Centre reserves the right to change tutor/class dates - no refunds for change of mind due to tutor replacement or make-up classes.
- The Centre is closed on public holidays. Should your class fall on a public holiday, you will be advised of a replacement class date.
- If you feel unwell and/or have any symptoms of COVID-19 please do not visit the Art Centre nor attend classes.
- If you have come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or have been to a confirmed COVID-19 case location or hotspot in the last 14 days prior to your class, please do not attend classes. NSW Health states that you must continue to self-isolate for 14 days since exposure (if you have been exposed), even if you receive a negative test result. It is recommended that you also seek immediate medical advice.
- If you have been tested for COVID-19 within the 14 days prior to your class, you must inform Art Centre staff immediately and email your result to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Art materials are not to be shared amongst students and tutors.
- All students, tutors and visitors must follow COVID-19 physical distancing regulations, hygiene instructions and signage provided by Council and Art Centre staff.
- Each student must sign a disclaimer form at the START of each class.
- Each student must use their mobile device to scan the QR code to check in to the Art Centre (via Services NSW app). A manual option to sign in will be available if a student's mobile device cannot check in.
- If COVID-19 restrictions change and the Art Centre has to revert back to smaller class sizes (8 students in Studios 1, 2 and 3 classes; 6 students in Pottery Studio classes) please note that by agreeing to the Terms and Conditions that you also agree that if you are the last 4 students to enrol in this course, up to 4 of those bookings will be cancelled and refunded.