The Operations department’s major functions include:
- Traffic management.
- Road, footpath and drainage maintenance.
- Emergency management.
- Building maintenance and construction.
- Park, sportsfield, golf course and playground maintenance.
- Bushland maintenance and hazard reduction.
- Tree preservation orders.
- Swimming pool maintenance.
- Waste and recycling.
- Street cleaning.
George joined Council in 2017 from Randwick City Council, where he was Manager Infrastructure Services and responsible for the capital works program and infrastructure maintenance. George brings the experience of engaging large work groups to deliver high standard services for the community. George holds a MBA, a Bachelor Engineering (Civil) and completed the AICD Company Directors Course.