To find out drop off dates and locations nearby please visit the Chemical CleanOut website. All NSW residents can access locations other than their own area for disposal of chemical wastes unless the event is specified as 'residents only' for that particular location.
At the Chemical CleanOut Collection the following items are accepted:
- Solvents and household cleaners.
- Floor care products.
- Ammonia-based cleaners.
- Fluorescent tubes and globes.
- Batteries, including car batteries.
- Paint and paint-related products.
- Pesticides and herbicides.
- Gas bottles.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Pool and hobby chemicals.
- Acids and alkalis.
- Motor oils, fuels and fluids.
- Oil heaters / column heaters.
Pack your unwanted chemicals in secure containers to ensure they don't leak or spill.
Only household quantities accepted 20kg or 20L maximum container size.
Call the Environment Line on 131 555 to find out about correct disposal for commercial chemicals.