St Johns Ave and Henry St
Gordon’s new ‘eat street’ is complete!
St Johns Avenue in Gordon has been upgraded between the Pacific Highway and Gordon Station. Improvements to Henry Street are also complete.
Our vision was to create a vibrant eat street to support the various cafes and restaurants that line both sides of St Johns Avenue. The new design includes wider footpaths with new paving, outdoor dining, street furniture and tree and groundcover planting.
- Widened footpaths for better pedestrian access
- Landscaped terraced areas for outdoor dining
- Landings, handrails and seating
- Charging tables to recharge smartphones
- New street lighting (lighting and charging table will be activated later this year)
- Raised pedestrian crossings at Clipsham Lane, Henry Street and Churchill Lane
- Improved kiss & ride areas.
This project is part of the Greening Our City grant program that is proudly funded by the NSW Government in association with Local Government NSW.
The design was developed in consultation with business owners and the community.
Heritage Square (Stage 2 of the works) will also be revamped so it is more accessible and better integrated into the St Johns Avenue public domain.
The works have been funded through Section 7.11 contributions.
Construction was completed in August 2023.