Safety around schools
Ku-ring-gai Council provides free road safety resources to schools located in the Ku-ring-gai local government area, to raise road safety awareness in school zones.
The resources are provided free of charge to schools. Download files below or click on the order form button below to order hard copy resources.
Order safety around school resources
Children's active travel
A plan to encourage children's active travel can be developed by using the guide and supporting resources for parents/carers and communities. A practical, step by step guide to help schools develop their own Active Travel Plan.
Parking, traffic rules and penalties
- Parking Rules Around High Schools(PDF, 549KB)
- Road-Safety-Newsletter-2022(PDF, 1MB)
- Fact Sheet 1 - Parking Safely Around Schools Parking Signs(PDF, 748KB)
- Fact Sheet 2 - Parking Safely Around Schools Parking Rules(PDF, 1MB)
- Fact Sheet 3 - Driving Safely Around Schools(PDF, 801KB)
- Parking, traffic rules and penalties - English(PDF, 806KB) and Chinese(PDF, 486KB)
- Park and walk to school(PDF, 7MB)
- Be Bus Aware cross with care(PDF, 493KB)
Road safety postcards
Road safety vinyl banners
Vinyl banners 2-3m in length, can be safely secured on school fences.
- Choose Safety Over Convenience. Park legally.
- Slow Down! Children Around!
- Stop! Look! Listen! Think! before crossing the road.
- Keep our children safe! Avoid U-turns
and 3-point turns in school zones.
- Double parking puts children at risk.
- Park legally in school zones and keep our kids safe!
- English / Chinese / Korean.
Road rule reminder corflutes
Outdoor signs, A1 in size and are to be secured on school fences.
- No stopping.
- No parking.
- Kiss and ride area.
- Bus zone.
- Footpaths and driveways.
- Children's crossing.
Transport for NSW school road safety
Go to the TNSW website for detailed information and to order road safety resources:
School Use only
Back to school safety tips - multiple languages
Drop off pick up initiative
Responsibilities - managing safety around schools
For more information please contact Council's Road Safety Officer on 9424 0843.