St Johns Ave and Henry St
St Johns Avenue in Gordon is being upgraded between the Pacific Highway and Gordon Station with improvements to Heritage Square and footpaths in Henry Street, between St Johns Street and the underpasss.
Council will carry out the improvements as outlined in the Delivery Plan.
Our vision is to create a vibrant eat street to promote a night-time economy. The design has been developed in consultation with business owners and the community. The new design will include wider footpaths, outdoor dining, new pavements, street furniture and tree planting. Heritage Square will also be revamped so it is more accessible and more integrated into the St Johns Avenue public domain.
The works will be funded through Section 7.11 contributions and the project will be managed by Council.
Residents and businesses have been notified of the upgrade, with work starting in May 2022. The upgrade is expected to take around 10 months to complete depending on weather conditions.
Work will be focussed on the St Johns Avenue, Henry Street and St Johns Street area.
Key features include:
- Widened footpaths for outdoor dining and better pedestrian access.
- Landscaped terraced areas.
- Landings, handrails and seating.
- Raised pedestrian crossings at Clipsham Lane, Henry Street and Churchill Lane.
- Improvements to the park, lighting and kiss & ride areas.
- Improvements to Heritage Square.
Concept design(PDF, 9MB)