Fox Valley Road Shops Neighbourhood Centre upgrade
As part of the Neighbourhood Centres Revitalisation Program, the pedestrian area at Fox Valley Road Neighbourhood Centre is being upgraded.
Community consultation was undertaken throughout 2020/21 to inform the design. This consultation resulted in a variety of differing opinions on inclusions for the upgrade.
Our goal for the upgrade is to revitalise the Fox Valley Road shopping area with new paving, seating and landscaping providing a safe, secure and easily accessible pedestrian environment that will better meet the needs of shop owners, operators and the local community.
View concept plan(PDF, 3MB)
Scope of works include:
- Upgraded footpaths - new paving with increased accessibility.
- Revised parking layout - provides additional paving area and pedestrian movement space to front the cafes/shops.
- Additional parking to rear car park.
- Landscaping works - new garden beds and street trees.
- Fixtures - new seating areas and bike parking.
- Adjusted and rationalised parking times.
Council is now progressing with the detailed design of the upgrade based on the concept plan. Please note that the final plan and extent of work may undergo some changes due to funding availability and as the project continues to progress through the detailed design and construction process.
Council is looking to undertake construction in the first half of 2022 subject to the satisfactory outcome of Council's mandatory tendering process.
For more information email Council's Landscape Architect Marysia O’Shea, post to Locked Bag 1006 Gordon NSW 2072 or call 9424 0678.