Bins and collection days
Your general waste bin is collected weekly; all other bins fortnightly.
- General waste is collected once a week
- Paper and mixed recycling is collected weekly
- Greenwaste collections can be organised for an extra fee – contact us for more information.
Find your collection dates using address
Or alternatively print a copy of your calendar. Follow these steps.
- Look up your street: Waste Collection Zones By Streets(PDF, 62KB). If your street is not shown, contact email@example.com.
- Note whether your street is a 1. or 2. zone. If your street runs over both zones check additional information.
- Choose appropriate 1. or 2. zone calendar.
Waste Calendar 2019-2020 1(PDF, 2MB)
Waste Calendar 2019-2020 2(PDF, 2MB)
Make sure your bins are collected quickly and safely by following these simple tips:
- Put your bins out the night before collection day.
- Bin handles must face your house so lids open to the street.
- Place bins half a metre apart.
- Make sure lids are closed.
- Do not put extra waste or recycling next to or on top of bins.
- Do not place bins close to trees or cars or under low-hanging cables.
- Do not store your bins permanently on the nature strip.
- A weight restriction of 100kgs applies to all bins.
- Dispose of chemicals safely at a Chemical CleanOut.
- Dispose of needles and syringes safely at pharmacies.
Request a bin, repair or missed service
Click any of the below to find out more about services for houses and apartments and to make a request.
Request a larger bin or more bins by completing the relevant form below. Requests for additional bins must be signed by the property owner or real estate agent on the owner’s behalf.
Bin repairs or stolen bins
If your bins have been damaged or stolen, fill in the Damaged/Repair Bin form for replacement or repair.
Ensure your bin remains kerbside (even overnight) and allow two business days for collection or repair to occur.
Request larger general waste bin (grey with red lid)
You can apply to increase your bin size from 120L to 240L.
Before you apply, have a think about whether you really need one. Can you reduce your waste? There are simple things you can do, such as recycling more or buying products that use less packaging, which can save space.
Larger Waste Bin Form(PDF, 946KB)
Request second greenwaste bin (green)
Additional Greenwaste Bin Form(PDF, 931KB)
Need more recycling bins (blue and yellow lids)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request more recycling bins. You must demonstrate a legitimate need.
Additional recycling bins are not available to home businesses or dual occupancies.
Make a missed waste or bin repair request
Bins are supplied to units on a shared basis. All bins have a capacity of 240 litres. A garbage bin is provided for every two units. Recycling bins (1 paper and 1 mixed ) are provided for every 4 units.
Contact us if you require more bins and we can check your bin entitlement.
Green waste bins
Green waste bins are available and can be obtained by the strata manager or the owners corporation. To get a green waste bin for your units, complete the Units Greenwaste Bin Form(PDF, 996KB).
Additional waste bins
Waste bins are available and can be obtained by the owners corporation. To get an additional waste bin for your units, complete the Units Additional Waste Bin form(PDF, 967KB)
Damaged or stolen bins
If your bins have been damaged or stolen, click here to have them replaced or repaired.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure your bin remains kerbside (even overnight) and allow two business days for collection or repair to occur.
Make sure we can access your bins
Our waste contractor requires unimpeded access to bins. Any security gates or doors will need to be fitted with Council's master key.
It is also important to ensure that clean-up waste is not stored in bin rooms as it can obstruct bins, preventing them from being safely collected.