Koola Park upgrade
A major upgrade of facilities at Koola Park in Koola Avenue, East Killara, has been staged over the past nine years to maximise availability of the sports facility.
The Koola Park Landscape Masterplan was first adopted by Council in 2011. The majority of works are now completed:
Stage 1 & 2
Redevelopment of south-west corner
Completed between 2012–14, these were primarily off-field improvements undertaken to increase the sustainability and viability of an expanded sportsground facility. Improvements included:
- Water harvesting for irrigation – underground bore from Rocky Creek to new 600KL underground concrete storage tank.
- Cricket practice nets – new 4 lane wicket enclosure and screen fencing.
- Western amenities block – new pump house/storage room and electrical upgrade.
- Field extension – western corner raised to new levels.
- Environmental improvements – weed trees removed, septic system decommissioned and new sewer installed.
Field upgrade and associated landscape works
These were undertaken in 2015–16 and included:
- Playing surface reconstruction and extension with extra playing field (4 total).
- New turf cricket wicket table and new synthetic cricket wicket.
- Field drainage and storm water control measures.
- Field irrigation, fencing and sportsfield lighting.
- New building aprons with improved facility access.
Site upgrade and associated landscape works. Undertaken from 2017-19, they included:
- Perimeter exercise pathway system.
- Exercise stations.
- Front car park works – 22 space car park with 2 disabled access spaces.
- Car park lighting.
- Path upgrades.
- Landscaping works.
The remaining works undertaken from March 2020 are:
Rear car park includes:
- Asphalting and line marking to rear car park and accessway.
- Associated landscaping works.
- WSUD for car park run-off.
View the Stage 5 concept plan(PDF, 4MB)
View the Koola Park Masterplan adopted in 2011(PDF, 565KB)
Email William Birt, Coordinator Design or phone 9424 0607.