St Ives Village Green
St Ives Village Green has 2 fields, 5 softball diamonds, 4 floodlit tennis courts (dual-marked for netball), a cricket pitch, a skate park and a playground. It also has a youth centre and community hall. The Green is a popular spot for family gatherings and community events, conveniently located next to St Ives Shopping Village.
The Council has prepared the St Ives Village Green Landscape Master Plan and Plan of Management to help create a new recreation precinct in the area.
St Ives recreation precinct
The new precinct will have something for everyone, including those who are unable to or choose not to participate in organised sport.
Key features of the design include:
- A contemporary and challenging skate plaza and bowl areas for a range of skill levels.
- An inclusive children’s play area suitable for children of all ages and abilities.
- An adaptable performance space with a viewing lawn and stage for community events.
- Shaded areas and sunny terraces overlooking play and skate areas.
- Picnic facilities for children’s parties and family gatherings.
- Wide new pathways with accessible links to different areas of the precinct
- Coloured pavements for visual interest, reduced glare and wayfinding.
- New seating, shelters, bins and bubblers.
- Lighting and possible CCTV.
- Retention of existing shade trees where possible.
- New shade tree planting and landscaping.
The new recreation precinct will be built in stages.
The pedestrian crossing in Village Green Parade has been relocated to provide better access to the precinct area and the public toilets have been upgraded. The new youth centre and a general upgrade of the community hall are due to be completed by end of June 2021.
The next stage of the recreation precinct - the skate facility and children’s play space - has commenced and is expected to take 12 months to complete.
You can download plans and view a copy of the latest images below.
Click in the middle of the image to view the design in full screen.
SIVG Final Concept Design and 3D Renders(PDF, 8MB)
Contact William Birt, Coordinator Design email@example.com or call 9424 0607.