Foxes pose a major threat to native wildlife, including endangered species such as the Southern Brown Bandicoot. Many of our native species are not used to predators like foxes and cats, so stand little chance of survival when these animals come into their habitats. Ku-ring-gai Council collaborate with other Councils and the NSW State Government (including National Parks) to conduct fox control across many of our reserves.
Report a fox sighting
You can report a sighting online at feralscan.org.au or by using the free FeralScan App available from AppStore and Google Playstore to report your observations. By reporting foxes you are helping to deal with the pest problem and protect our native fauna!
Baiting locations and dates
Notice of 1080 baiting
Ku-ring-gai Council, Willoughby Council and NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) will be conducting a coordinated baiting program using manufactured baits, fresh baits and Canid Pest Ejectors (CPE’s/ejectors) containing 1080 poison (sodium fluoroacetate) for the control of foxes. The program is continuous and ongoing for the protection of threatened species.
This notification is for the period 1 February 2023 to 31 July 2023 at the following locations:
- Garigal National Park.
- Lane Cove National Park (baits only, no ejectors are used in Lane Cove National Park).
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park.
- Sydney Harbour National Park - North Head (including the Quarantine Station), Dobroyd Head, Chowder Head and Bradleys Head managed by the NPWS.
- The North Head Sanctuary managed by the Sydney Harbour Federation Trust.
- The Australian Institute of Police Management, North Head.
For the period 24 April to 12 May 2023 at the following locations:
- Cowan Creek Reserve North (North Turramurra Golf Course).
- Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden / St Ives Showground.
- St Ives former veg tip.
- Old She Oak Reserve.
- Governor Phillip Reserve.
- Sir Phillip Game Reserve North.
- Lindfield Soldiers Memorial Park.
- Gordon Golf Course.
- Lovers Jump Creek Reserve.
- Blue Gum Park (Willoughby Council).
- Explosives & HC Press Reserves (Willoughby Council).
- Harold Reid Reserve (Willoughby Council).
- Mowbray Park (Willoughby Council).
- North Arm Reserve (Willoughby Council).
- Northbridge Park (Willoughby Council).
- Castlecrag Northern Escarpment (Willoughby Council).
Use the map below to view 1080 baiting locations. Click full screen on the image and/or use the zoom key above the map, or download map as a pdf.
Do not touch baits or ejectors
All baiting locations will be identifiable by signs.
Pets and working dogs may be affected (1080 is lethal to cats and dogs).
Dogs are not permitted in the above listed Council reserves from Monday 24 April to Friday 9 June 2023.
Please be reminded that domestic pets are not permitted on NPWS Estate at any time. Penalties apply for non-compliance.
In the event of accidental poisoning seek immediate veterinary assistance.
NPWS Sydney North (Middle Head) Area office: 9960 6266.
NPWS Sydney North (Forestville) Area office: 9451 3479.
NPWS North West Sydney (Lane Cove NP) Area office: 8448 0400.
NPWS after-hours Duty officer service: 1300 056 294.
Sydney Harbour Federation Trust: 8969 2128.
Ku-ring-gai Council Bushland Operations Coordinator on 9424 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.